Wednesday 9 January 2013

New Year, new blogger!  

This is the first time I've attempted blogging so this is a bit of an adventure! I live in beautiful mid-Wales.  My blog will be mainly about my day to day life here, my hobbies (sewing, patchwork, feltmaking and all things arty crafty), my dog - a beautiful, six month old Border Collie called Gwen, what I'm reading and probably a few random musings.

Wednesday 9th January

It was such a beautiful day today - cold but clear and crisp. A glorious day for driving through the hills, so we went via Dolgellau to the Mawddach estuary and walked along the old railway line from Arthog towards Penmaenpool.  It was quite misty inland, in patches mainly in the valleys and many of the fields were still white with frost at lunchtime.  As we neared the sea, however, it began to brighten up.  The Mawddach estuary is a lovely place to walk if, like me, you prefer a flatter terrain. The views across the estuary are lovely and at this time of the year it's very quiet apart from the calling of sea birds.  Gwen hadn't been this near to the sea before. We didn't take her to the beach - saving that for a sunnier and warmer time of the year - but she found plenty of new things to sniff and ran and ran and ran some more, covering at least three times more ground than we did. A really good way to start the new year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris

    Super to see you've started blogging. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world...you know I come and stay close by once the weather warms up.

    Keep up the blogging - I'll keep popping back.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emma. I doubt my post will be as frequent or exciting as yours but it keeps the old brain cells going! We went past Dinas Mawddy last week on the way to Dolgellau. We should meet up when the warmer weather comes! xx

    ReplyDelete